ISTA Procedure 4AB Enhanced Simulation Performance Test Plans (Web-Based Software Application)
Overview for ISTA Procedure 4AB:
ISTA 4AB is an enhanced simulation test for individual packaged products shipped through their own delivery system. This procedure utilizes general simulation of actual transport hazards by either ground or air while using the specific packaged products’ supply chain. Purple Diamond Testing offers ISTA 4AB Testing as part of our packaging distribution testing services.
Procedure 4AB outlines the steps to be followed for conducting simulated performance testing on packaged products to evaluate their performance during transportation and handling. User defined test scripts are an important aspect of this procedure. Here is an overview of how to create and use user defined test scripts:
1. Define the test conditions: User defined test scripts can be created to simulate specific transportation and handling conditions that the product may encounter. Test conditions should be defined based on the package size, destination, intended mode of transportation, and expected handling during transportation.
2. Determine the testing parameters: The testing parameters will depend on the individual test conditions. Parameters may include the duration of the test, the type of vibration or shock to be simulated, and the direction of the force applied. These parameters should be defined clearly in the test script.
3. Create the test script: Once the test conditions and parameters have been defined, the next step is to create the test script. The script should include instructions on how to set up the testing equipment, how to perform the test, and how to collect data during the test.
4. Test the package: The package should be tested using the custom test script, and the performance should be evaluated against the specified pass/fail criteria.
5. Record the results: The results of the test should be recorded and analyzed to determine the performance of the package under the specific test conditions.
By using user defined test scripts, it is possible to simulate specific transportation and handling conditions that may not be covered in standard testing procedures. This can help to identify and address potential issues before the product goes into the market, ultimately improving the overall quality and safety of the product.
Rationale for ISTA Procedure 4AB:
ISTA Procedure 4AB – Test Planner. Used to evaluate the protective performance of a packaged product related to thermal conditions, compression, shocks, vibrations, and other stressors normally encountered in a parcel delivery system. The procedure creates custom simulation hazards in a laboratory environment that is 100% repeatable. Each packaged product will have different routes through a supply chain. ISTA 4AB allows you to customize the test method based on points of contact, time on truck or aircraft, environmental conditions, and many more individual factors.
At Purple Diamond, we offer a free consultation or a guided tour of our facilities. If you’re nearby, feel free to drop by and see our packaging and team. Consultations can be done over the phone or on zoom, so choose what suits you best. To get in touch, go to our Contact Us page and fill out the form or book an appointment using the calendar below. Our goal is to assist you in any way possible, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our website contact form is located at www.purple-diamond.com/contact-us, but we promise to get back to you soon, no matter which method of communication you choose. Thank you so much for reading down this far and thank you for considering Purple Diamond as your dedicated testing, engineering, and design facility for all of your packaging needs.